- Your insurance coverage on your household goods is through a separate insurance carrier.
- Your Schroeder Counselor can explain the claims filing procedures you should follow.
- Damage at your property is not covered by this policy.
- For any damage at either property, contact your Schroeder Counselor immediately.
- Property damage must be noted on the van operator’s paperwork.
- Contact your insurance carrier for specific provisions of the policy.
- The inventory is a legal document indicating the condition of your goods. Damaged or missing items must be noted as claims; missing items not noted will be denied.
- We recommend that once all items have been received, you mark the inventory “subject to further inspection.”
- If you have a claim to report, call your insurance carrier direct.
- If you need additional assistance, please phone your Schroeder Counselor.
While In Storage
- Your goods remain insured by the initial policy for a certain number of days, depending on your company’s insurance carrier.
- Contact your Schroeder Counselor if you have any questions.
Items Excluded From Coverage
The following items are not insured under the terms of your policy. We recommend that you personally transport these items:
|– Computer Diskettes||– Pets||– Securities|
|– Furs||– Perishables||– Stamp Collections|
|– Jewelry||– Personal Papers||– Watches|
|– Currency||– Plants|
Conditions Which Exclude Coverage
- Atmospheric conditions beyond the mover’s control
- Operational failure (of the item) of a mechanical or electrical nature