Many appliances require specialized attention before they can be moved. If authorized by your company, TRS will schedule service for origin and destination. There are additional charges for these services (if not authorized by your company, we can still schedule service but you will be responsible for payment). You are required to sign for these services, so make sure they are completed to your satisfaction.
Items that may require special attention:
- Ceiling fan/chandelier
Items must be clean and dry before loading. This is particularly important if your shipment will be kept in storage.
- We recommend vinegar and baking soda dissolved in warm water.
- It is a good idea to leave the doors open for 24 hours prior to loading.
- Glass shelves should be removed and packed.
- Water line for icemaker must be disconnected. (Some company policies cover this service).
- Disconnect the gas or power line. (Some company policies cover this service).
- Clean all compartments.
- Turn off and drain water from motor and hoses; a technician will brace the tub.
- At destination, a technician will secure all hoses to faucets.
- An electric dryer may not need servicing, but if the appliance is gas, service will be required. Check with your TRS Counselor to see if this service is included in your relocation policy.