Your electronics may need special attention before they can be transported safely.
- For specific questions on protecting the hard drive call your authorized dealer.
- Disconnect all wires.
- Original packing containers are recommended, if available. If not, make sure the van line packs all components.
- At the new residence, allow the system to warm to room temperature before connection at destination.
- Your cargo coverage does not cover the transport of diskettes or tapes. We recommend you transport these separately.
- Contact an electrician or dealer to disassemble and reassemble.
- Your carrier will charge a special handling/shipment fee, which requires authorization from your TRS Counselor according to your company policy.
- Original packing containers are recommended, if available.
- Disconnect all wires and mark them accordingly.
- At your new residence, allow all components to adjust to room temperature (approximately 24 hours).
- No special packaging required for most models.
- Smaller models may be packed if safer for transporting.
- Big/wide screen televisions may need crating and need 24 hours to adjust to room temperature before connection at destination.
- Plasma televisions require crating for safe transport. Please advise your TRS Counselor in advance of pack day that you have this specialty item.
- Remove and pack all glass trays separately.
- Clean thoroughly (especially important if shipment goes to storage).
- Prior to move an electrician must disconnect the fixtures.
- These fixtures will need special packaging.
- Ask your TRS Counselor about scheduling service at origin and destination.
- Contact your dealer or manufacturer for instructions on how to prepare for a move.
- It is your responsibility to remove all toner cartridges. The carrier does not remove toner cartridges, and damages caused by toner spillage are not covered under the transit policy.